Unleashing the brilliance of young Australians
Young Australians today have much of the attitude, beliefs and tools to thrive and excel in life and work. The Foundation for Young Australians (FYA) is a national, non-profit organisation dedicated solely to young people. At FYA we are relentlessly optimistic about all young people and their ability to be enterprising. We believe that they have the courage, imagination and will to create the change they want to see for themselves and their world. We want to see generations of future focused learners, enterprising changemakers and confident global citizens.
No matter who they are, no matter where they are, young Australians are connected, confident and optimistic about the future, with a deep sense of purpose and belonging.
FYA – creating change with generations of young Australians.
Our goal is to create generational transformation. Over the next ten years, two million young Australians’ lives will be enhanced, ignited and re-imagined because FYA provided them with opportunities to:
- Influence and shape their education and learning experience
- Transform their worldview by giving their time and talent to others in Australia and overseas
- Lead their communities in innovative responses to the social, environmental and cultural
- issues they currently face.
The way we work
As the only national, independent foundation in Australia dedicated solely to young people we will achieve our goals and deliver on our mission through a unique combination of:
- Evidence based research
- Innovative program delivery
- Collaboration with partners across all sectors
- The ability to find and back inspiring and effective young change makers