Get To Know Yourself
JOB JUMPSTART | PART 1
Whether you’re in high school, finishing up a course or certificate, or simply thinking about what’s next, this three part video series from Job Jumpstart is here to help you take the next step.
Part one is all about getting to know yourself — your wants, needs, aspirations and motivators when it comes to finding your place in the world of work and an answer to that age old question: “So what do you want to do with your life?”
Here’s how you can make a start…
- Figure out what interests you and go from there. Check out one person’s story about using their interests to test out career options.
- Do your research to figure out if a field is right for you. This article covers everything you should be asking when thinking about a future career path.
- Think about where you work best. Do you work better by yourself or in a team? In an office or outside? There are plenty of great tools and resources to help you figure it out.
- You don’t have to pick just one option. According to FYA’s research, young Australians are likely to have 17 jobs across 5 different careers. There are plenty of pathways and opportunities to find a job that works best for you!
- Still unsure? This quiz could help you find the answer!