The 2019 Federal Election has now been called for May 18, and we want to show the country what issues are most important for young people.
So, we’re asking: What issues will snag your vote?
To amplify the responses and young people’s voices we’re launching a photo campaign that showcases the diversity of young people and the issues they care most about ahead of the 2019 Federal Election.
Young people will inherit, and need to find solutions to all the social, economic and environmental issues facing Australia now and into the future. You have a right to influence how those issues are addressed!
How to get involved:
1. Take a selfie—something clear, high-resolution and comfortable. Strike a pose in a place that defines you.
2. Add a short caption (50-75 words) that answers “What issues will snag your vote at the federal election?”
We’re interested in the issues at the heart of your answer, not the political party. We want to hear about what you’d like to see changed to make Australia a fairer, more inclusive and sustainable place for young people. Not going to vote in this election? Tell us why!
3. Post your selfie to your Instagram channel (or preferred other social media channel). Use the hashtags #snagmyvote and #auspol and tag @fya_org
4. We’ll share the content on FYA’s social media channels, helping amplify your message! We’ll also use it to inform content on FYA’s website, social media channels and in our e-newsletters in the lead up to election, right up to election eve on May 17.
5. Pass this onto other young people in your community or network. We want to hear from them too!
Got questions or want to know more about our campaign? Email Newsroom Manager Izzy Tolhurst via firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0423 777 904.