It’s been a busy old year at FYA. While we’re not one to start doing our annual highlights reel in October, we did want to share a nice thing that’s been happening throughout this year with all of the great people we know.
Late last year we opened up our own coworking space at our head office in Melbourne. It’s an entire floor for young people to work, learn and network. And it’s free for young people who are running an initiative that’s creating social impact.
Many of the young people we meet are juggling study, internships, freelance projects, and often multiple professional positions — and the future of work is going to look pretty similar, with many overlapping and intersecting career paths. As a whole, Australia needs to invest in developing an innovative, creative and enterprising workforce to make way for a changing job market. So, what could be better than a central location for all of those pursuits?
The FYA Hub is a space to learn, work, meet with collaborators, mentors, networks, and mingle with other young changemakers who are in the same boat. It’s also a venue perfect for workshops, presentations, or whatever your mind can conjure. We know it can be tricky to find the cash to secure a space, which is why we won’t charge you a cent to use it. All you need to do is tick a few boxes:
- You are between 18-30 years of age.
- If you’re not within the age range, you’re FYA alumni from a program such as Young.Social Pioneers, or our past programs like NIYLA or FYA in Asia.
- You’re running an initiative that creates positive social impact.
- At the time of your application, your initiative has earnt less than $250,000 (AUD).
- You have a valid Working With Children Check (or are eligible and willing to apply).