Young Social Pioneers
UP to SOMETHING GREAT ?
Young Social Pioneers is a unique leadership program that is dedicated to unleashing and celebrating the brilliance of young Australian social change makers. The year-long program invests in and supports eighteen inspired change makers aged 18 to 29. It provides mentoring, rigorous peer learning, skills development, leadership inquiry and international connections so that they can make a greater impact. Through start-up style projects, the Pioneers work in areas as diverse as education, the environment, health, human rights, the arts and technology. Many Pioneers are already punching above their weight, winning awards and fellowships locally and internationally. Young Social Pioneers sparks the courage and imagination of some of our best, bravest and brightest young change makers. It taps into their will and equips them with the skills they need to deliver excellence and innovation and make a difference in society.
- About the YSP program
- Meet the Pioneers
- How to apply
- Partners & supporters
- Contact Young Social Pioneers
An International Youth Foundation Survey on barriers facing young social entrepreneurs found five key challenges:
- Many young people are working in isolation without supportive networks and professional mentors.
- Inadequate skills and gaps in knowledge of implementing their work to a sustainable level.
- Skills and knowledge on how to lead.
- Little access to peer to peer learning.
- Chronic gaps in finance.
Young Social Pioneers responds by bringing change makers together and providing them with opportunities to address these challenges.
Young Social Pioneers aims to:
- enhance the capacity of young people to affect change.
- build the capacity of young people to lead their initiative or organization.
- increase the collaborative capacity of the Pioneers through networks of key organisations and people.
Partners and Supporters
FYA is grateful to all the supporters and partners of the Young Social Pioneers: