The IMPACT program aims to build a community of young Indigenous students to help foster their skills in leadership, contribution to community and future pathways. IMPACT encourages the development of confident, self-aware and resilient young people who contribute in positive ways to their communities. These young people know their strengths and passions and confidently explore future possibilities with the support of a broad network of local and national individuals and organisations.
Throughout the program, students participate in a range of activities that challenge and inspire them, including workshops around leadership, confidence-building and empowerment, resilience, beliefs and values, public speaking and community contribution. As a group they share their experiences and challenges and provide a support network for each other.
IMPACT is run by the Foundation for Young Australians in partnership with the NT Department of Education and Children’s Services.
2013 IMPACT Intake
The Foundation for Young Australians and the Northern Territory Department of Education and Children’s Services are calling for students starting Year 10 in 2013 to apply for the Young Indigenous Leadership Program – IMPACT. Applications close on the 8th February 2012!
IMPACT is all about developing confident, thoughtful young people who are good at adapting, and who contribute to their communities in positive ways.
The IMPACT program will:
- Develop a community of young Indigenous leaders
- Ensure that all participants feel supported, challenged and motivated to complete Year 12 or equivalent
- Foster participants’ skills and capabilities around leadership and community contribution
- Connect students to future opportunities and pathways within their communities
Have you got what it takes?
Students from government schools who will be entering Year 10 in 2013 are encouraged to apply for the program by the 19th November. Due to the nature of the program there are limited places each year, and applicants will need to demonstrate their commitment to the program, as well as high achievement in attendance and merit at school.
Students who are enrolled in Year 10 for 2013 are encouraged to apply!
- Please complete the Application form and return to the IMPACT Program Coordinator, Michelle Pipino no later than 8th February 2013
- Applicants will be advised if they are successful for an interview by the 15th February 2013
- Interviews will be held from the 18th February – 22nd February 2013
- Students will be notified of their place by the 25th February 2013
- The first residential camp 11th – 15th March 2013!
Foundation for Young Australians
t: (08) 8901 1341
m: 0401 038 122